Here's a quality patch from the FM players that you don't see every day, a realistic match engine patch by FM Korea is one you should definitely have a look and try it out in your Football Manager 2020 save.
We're going to go through on what exactly does the patch do, how to install it in your FM20, and also we'll take a look at the community reactions and of course we'll see it in action.
What does realistic match engine patch do?
Put it simply the realistic match engine patch add more realism to your FM 2020's 3D match engine, meaning, your players and the physics in the 3D experience of the game will look and feel more real than ever before.
It changes everything in a match, moves such as passing, player movements, attacking moves, defending, 1 on 1's, killer ball passing, team's buildup, one-two passing among the players, pressing phase, team's switch to attacking phase, team's switch to defending phase and so on. You won't see dumb and stupid playing anymore that all of FM series always had.
Here's how it looks in Football Manager 2020
Download and installation
- Please be advised that this is not an official patch made by the Sports Interactive team and it should be used with caution. Before you proceed further with the patch installation we advise you make a backup of your original JSON file if anything goes south.
After you've downloaded the patch, you must close the Football Manager 2020 and replace the JSON file and then open the game again.
Your JSON file can be found at these locations;
- Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Football Manager 2020/data/simatch/physics
- Program Files/Epic Games/Football Manager 2020/data/simatch/physics
- Library/application support/Steam/steamapps/common/Football Manager 2020/data/simatch/physics
Mac Epic Games:
- Users/Shared/Epic Games/FootballManager2020/data/simatch/physics
No need to start a new game. It applies to all save games.
- Regarding Tactics
- Because this file fixes the match engine, you might need to make alterations and changes to your tactics. We strongly recommended modifying your tactics once you apply this patch.
It looks as thou the community really loves this patch and what it does to their 3D match engine in Football Manager 2020.
With comments such as "This is the best mod I've ever seen for Football Manager. It's an astonishing piece of work.", "The match engine looks & feels far better, It's back to the glory of FM12's fantastic ME. Tactically it TOTALLY ALTERS the way the game works & plays what appears to be real football. You can play all kinds of football now & build exactly the tactic you require. Wow." and "I implore all players to try this mod. It really is fantastic." it really looks that the lads from FM Korea really made something special here.
Although some comments say that thou it is great in single-player gaming that it alters the match engine when played over the network with friends.
Nevertheless, it doesn't hurt to try it out yourselves and give this match engine patch a go before Football Manager 2021 gets released in November.
🛒 Grab a 40% off on Football Manager 2021, early BETA access and free FM21 Touch included