If you are a regular at Football Manager, you will probably know that challenging is what motivates you to push yourself harder in the game.
The Pentagon challenge is a classic in FM terms. It encourages a manager to move to foreign leagues across continents and win the biggest continental trophies of the respective regions.
What is Football Manager Pentagon Challenge?
This is a straight forward challenge that requires you to win the 5 biggest continental trophies across the continents.
The trophies are,
- Asian Football Confederation Championship (AFC)
- Confederation of African Football Championship (CAF)
- Confederation of North, Central American & Caribbean Association Football Champions League (CONCAF)
- CONMEBOL Libertadores (Copa Libertadores)
- UEFA Champions League/Cup.
Of course, there are rules as to how you go about winning these trophies.
- All has to be done under a single managerial save
- Start the save unemployed without any coaching badges
- No International Management
- You cannot use the in-game editor to accentuate your progress
- You should mask the attributes of players, so in case you want to make new signings, you need to scout them thoroughly.
If this challenge seems too steep, here are a few tips to make it a bit easier.
- Try to split good points into adaptability; this will make it easier for you to get hired in foreign leagues.
- Always start from home, it is easier to manage teams in your home league and gradually move to other leagues. This way your coaching badge progression will also be good.
- Research and identify sugar daddy clubs in various leagues. Success with these clubs will definitely be easier to achieve.
- Understand the player registration rules of each league. Some leagues may be friendlier towards plenty of foreign players while others may not.
ALSO READ: Huge List of Football Manager Challenges