Last year we had the introduction of the official In-Game editor in the game, which was a great success, because you're all cheaters!
All jokes aside, the Football Manager gaffer, Miles Jacobson wrote a blog on this years version of FM in which he introduced us to all the new features there'll be in FM15 In-Game and Data Editor.
CHANGES AND FEATURES FOR THIS YEARS IN-GAME EDITOR
- You can now edit contract types, plus bonuses and clauses
- You can edit rivalries and favoured personnel. Both for players and clubs
- You can “freeze attributes” meaning players will get no better, and no worse
- New search filters – search by Current Ability and Potential Ability and all other hidden attributes. Or add them as custom columns. Or use the hidden attributes view
- Change player registrations and squad numbers at any time
- Transfer staff
- Edit hair and skin colour, plus height and weight
- You can edit languages - for people and nations
- We’ve also made it easier to edit a players nationality
- Finally, you can edit generic kits
The In-Game editor will be available for you at the same price as it was last year (£5), and it will be available for purchase from the in-game store at the games launch.
COMPETITION AND DATA EDITOR
- Clubs – Local Region
- People – Ethnicity, Skin Tone, Hair Colour
- Contract end date
- None playing history contains (team)
New editing options
- Option to set a host national in continental club competitions
- Option to prevent teams from playing in 2 continental coups at the same time
- Golden Glove award now works
- New sub rule – 3+GK from 9
- When setting up a new competition – choose template.
- Group stages for playoffs
- Set points for draws, losses and goals
- New suspension options
- “Cancel” button
- Auto save
- Words now used instead of numbers for language proficiency
- Recommended Current Ability
- You can also now “publish to workshop” when saving an editor file.
- Improved help system to better indicate when you're going to break the game with your data changes.
Data and competition editor will remain free and available as a download for anyone who has bought FM15. It can be found in your Steam library under tools – or will be available there once the game is released.
FIND AND DOWNLOAD FM15 DATA EDITOR IN 5 EASY STEPS
- Open Steam (the Steam client, not the website)
- Hover over the "Library" button until the drop-down menu shows.
- Click on "Tools" from the drop-down menu.
- Scroll down until you find "Football Manager 2015 Editor"
- Double click, or right click and select Install "Football Manager 2015 Editor" and follow the instructions.