Overview of the tactic
This is this years FC Bayern Munich tactic, and probably they'll be playing UEFA Champions League finals with it. Jupp Heynckes had a great season with Bayern, and winning in finals of CL in front of his home supporters would be icing on the cake. Bayern finished second in national championship, made to final match of national cup and Champions League. It just seems fear to make their tactic from this season.
Jupp will probably take out the team that beat Real Madrid in the semi finals of CL. GK ~ M Neuer, DL ~ P Lahm, DC ~ H Badstuber / J Boateng, DR ~ Rafinha, DLP ~ B Schweinsteiger, BWM ~ Luiz Gustavo, WL ~ F Ribery, AMC ~ T Muller, WR ~ A Robben, TM(SC) ~ M Gomez
Formation would be 4-5-1 or 4-2-3-1.
Tactic requirements and guidelines
- No need to say you must have quick full back and wingers
- You'll need pace and good defending Full Backs, similar to Lahm and Rafinha
- Wingers need to have good Technical Attributes, and also if possible cut inside from attribute (preferred move)
- Both of your wingers should be good with their other foot, and need to have accomplished opposite position from their natural one
- Your Striker should be a powerhouse, strong, good heading, and set to target man. If possible, to get back to take the ball
- Don't use this tactic in case you have an extremely slow team!
- Never set your wingers as second full backs
- Set team style to play on counter attacks, if you have pacey and explosive wingers like Ribery and Robben
- You'll need at least one midfielder with good passing, first touch, creativity and vision. So he can distribute quality balls from back to wingers/target man
Football Manager Blog